Friday, September 12, 2008

Campaign Vacation

The latest big news to hit the campaign trail? Former Democratic President Bill Clinton is predicting that current Democratic candidate Barack Obama is going to win the election in November. Really. This is what passes for campaign news these days.

I've been getting so frustrated with the coverage lately. It's so trivial and inconsequential and meaningless and repetitive. I just can't stand to read about the latest petty fight about make up wearing farm animals or whatever else they're going to decide to fight about.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but there's a country out there. And it has issues.

I can't really take it anymore. So starting today, I'm taking a campaign vacation. As much as is humanly possible given the saturation of the news, I'm not reading, writing, or talking about politics if I can at all avoid it. I just need the time to depressurize and build up my tolerance for stupidity.

I'll still be posting here, but it won't be about politics, at least at the national level. So check in for education thoughts or New York politics or whatever else happens to catch my attention over the course of the next week. It's certainly not going to be the campaign.

No comments: