Monday, January 5, 2009

And We're Back

I hope that everyone enjoyed their holidays and is off to a great start to a new year. Somehow, the world was able to carry on without this blog over the last two weeks, which is a positive sign indeed.

Over those weeks, the mess in Illinois got messier, the situation between Israel and Palestein got uglier, it became pretty clear that Congresswoman Yvette Clark wasn't going to give me tickets to the inauguration, and the Arizona Cardinals won the first playoff game they've hosted in 60 years. So in all, it's kind of a mixed bag in terms of world events.

The thing that I don't get is what could possibly be going on in Roland Burris' head to accept a senate appointment from someone under investigation for trying to sell that appointment to the highest bidder. By pretty much every account I've read, the guy is ethically clean which makes you wonder about his willingness to immerse himself in a situation that is so totally and completely un-clean. Maybe it's just ego and the knowledge that never again is he going to have a shot at just getting a seat in the United States Senate. I don't know. I'm just glad that it's not my mess to clean up.

No comments: