Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hillary is 44?

Every so often I come across something that needs to be shared. Sometimes the sharing is for good, other times for bad. What I'm about to show you is not in the good column.

Hillary is 44 is a website seemingly dedicated entirely to the fact that even though Hillary Clinton lost the nomination to Barack Obama, she should still be the 44th President of the United States. For those of you who've only read about the vehemence of the pro-Clinton/anti-Obama crowd this is a pretty thorough crash course. I can't go through it point by point because the site is huge and so filled with flawed logic and out of context facts that it would take me more time than I have right now to go through it all.

What's incredible to me is the stubborn insistence in spite of all facts to the contrary that Hillary Clinton not only should, but will be the Democratic nominee for the presidency. Die hard only begins to describe it. These are people who say that they're looking forward to the day that Obama gets his comeuppance and loses the election. This election has become so personal for them that they would rather no Democrat win than a Democrat other than Clinton win.

If I were a Republican, I would think that sites like this were a gift from God. As a Democrat, I'm deeply concerned.

No comments: