Thursday, March 27, 2008

Conspiracy Theory

Well, spring has sprung and the conspiracy theories are in full bloom. The latest one that I've been seeing from time to time was just printed in the Times in Maureen Dowd's latest column. The latest theory is that Hillary knows she's lost this election to Obama. Knowing that, she's now running a campaign to destroy Obama's chances in the general election so that in 2012 she can run again, this time without Obama to spoil her chances.

Interesting.

Interesting, but somewhat unbelievable.

Now, in case you haven't picked up on the trend from earlier posts I'm not the biggest Hillary fan. I 100% agree with anyone who says that her current strategy is damaging to the party. As I wrote a few days ago, the strategy she's using is going to hurt whichever Democrat makes it into the general election, even if it's her.

But is she intentionally trying to sabotage the party for her own ends?

I don't know Hillary Clinton or anyone who works with her or is friends with her. So obviously, I have no idea and couldn't say anything definitively. However, I find it hard to believe. My guess is that this is a case of an ego that doesn't know it's not supported by facts any longer. Like Woody Allen still casting himself as a romantic lead with 25-year-olds or an over the hill pitcher still trying to overpower hitters with a mediocre fast ball, Hillary just can't look into the mirror and say, "You know what? It's time to hang 'em up." I just hope that someone brings her to her senses and soon.

No comments: