Thursday, June 18, 2009

Be Nice to Your Friends With Green Sheets

Sorry that I haven't been posting much lately, but campaign season in New York City has officially begun so I've taken to the streets to petition for my preferred candidates.

Just a note on that, if you're walking the streets of the city and someone with a clipboard with green sheets of paper clipped to it, be nice to them. No snide remarks. No haranguing them about how it's early or wet or hot or cold or how busy you are and how much you hate them for interrupting your oh-so-important morning commute. Seriously. Just be nice. It would be great if you signed, but if you aren't interested, just say "No thanks" or "Not now." Maybe even a "Good luck" to give your karma a little boost. The people out there aren't trying to annoy you. They're just volunteers trying to help the democratic process. So cut them some slack. Especially if you happen across a tall thin guy with glasses. I know he'd really appreciate it if you signed his petition.

In the meantime, I'll be out there. I should be back by the end of next week and I've got some things to say about charter schools, school governance, and more. Stay tuned.

No comments: